CarTest! Expert car reviews and advice | home
CarTest! Expert car reviews and advice | CarTest Contents | New Car Reviews | Used Car Reviews | What is your car worth? | Automotive NewsBriefs | Award-Winning Models | Find the Best Vehicle | Automotive Advice | Save on Gas | Driving Tips & Maintenance Advice | Safety Research & Insurance Tips | Tire Advice | Road Trips | Auto Racing | Classics & Collectibles | Newsletter | About Us | SEARCH CarTest!
©CarTest.ca. All rights reserved.
Canadian Car of the Year finalists announced
The accounting firm secured to tally the results of independent testing and voting by members of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) -- KPMG -- has announced the top three finalists in the five overall award categories for the Canadian Car of the Year competition.
The overall winners will be announced during Media Day at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto at the Metro Convention Centre on Feb. 11, 2010.
The top three finalists are: 2010 Canadian Car of the Year
- BMW 335d Sedan
- Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Volkswagen Golf Wagon TDI
2010 Canadian Utility Vehicle of the Year
- Lexus RX450h
- Subaru Outback
- Volkswagen Touareg TDI Clean Diesel
Best New Design
- Audi A5 Cabriolet
- BMW 335d Sedan
- Ford Taurus & Ford Taurus SHO
Best New Technology
- Audi Canada Drive Select
- Ford Motor Company of Canada MyKey
- Volvo City Safety
Best New Green Technology (four models listed because of a tie score)
- Ford Next Generation Hybrid System and SmartGauge
- Mercedes- Benz S400 Hybrid with Lithium-ion Batteries
- Toyota / Lexus Plant-based Ecological Plastics
- Toyota / Lexus Beltless Atkinson-cycle Engine with Cooled Exhaust
Posted Feb. 10, 2010. © CarTest.ca.